Tuesday, January 26, 2010

TUPH

Public health class.  Ultra-nerdy guest professor who wrote his dissertation on the journey of Tuberculosis throughout centuries (signature statement: "I really like talking about TB.") and loves to ask obscure questions about the length readings and then stare at us until someone squeaks out a sub-par answer.  Every time.  

I hate professors like that.  If you want to humiliate underprepared students, teach high school science.  We don't have time for this, honestly.

Speaking of having time, I may just be the busiest girl in my freshman class right now.  Besides a couple ten-minute skype chats with my mother and some random rests in the student center, I have a constant to-do list and always seem to have some meeting or appointment, piano practice, or class to be at.  Am I in way over my head? Maybe, but the idea of being idle even for a day scares me immensely.  I don't know what it is, but if some part of my body isn't moving (right now it's my fingers), I FREAK out.  

Well, today I officially declared myself a public health major! My minors are philosophy and economics.  It's a little widespread, but that's the kind of girl I am.  I might be the most impossible person to label. Or maybe I tell myself that.  I have loads of literature about my degree and 5-year plan to read, which I should be doing now instead of writing this blog post.  I'm telling myself I'm not tired by drinking lukewarm coffee (this woman tried to take it away before I could get some! And it was cold anyway.)  because one of my good friends who's had a rough week (rougher than mine, hah, or maybe she's just being a baby) wants to go out tonight, but I have a Panhel meeting at 7 and a piano concert at 8 and SHIT I haven't even practiced today.  
You see what I mean by busy?

Yesterday I learned what a seminar is in the form of Philosophy of Perception.  It is very fascinating but physically and mentally draining.  I'm just going to keep going, ya know?

Stay Happy and beautiful : )
Jessica

1 comment:

  1. go, girl, go! I'm cheering for your restlessness! you won't always have the freedom to battle it. :)

    ReplyDelete